This Mission in 4 Letters: P.R.A.Y.
Prayerwalk all of America during these tumultuous days
Rally fellow pastors to join us, in friendship-based unity
Affirm our first of all priority, as per 1 Timothy 2: 1-2
Yield to the Spirit of unity in the bond of peace, always
Dear Fellow Pastor/Leader...
I don't want to prayerwalk through your backyard without your blessing…so please let me know how our mission might be a blessing to your church and your community...
A little background… I'm a "Roman Bapticostal," ordained under Pastor Jack Hayford, who remains a close family friend and spiritual Papa to this day. By God's grace and under Jack's tutelage, I've not had to unlearn why everybody needs do things "my way." On that note, please allow me point to out what Pentecost Walk is NOT:
It's not "Pentecost-AL” Walk, denoting a single-slice of the broader denominational bandwidth; it's "Pentecost” Walk, underscoring the Ephesians 4:3 "unity of the Spirit" we're all endeavoring to walk in--a unity impossible until Pentecost, our common birthdate as the New Testament Church. Many of our prayerwalks, including this one, are called "RE:UnionWalks..."
: literally: regarding union
: origin: Christ’s “High Priestly Prayer:”
“…that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in
Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.” (John 17:21 HCSB, emphasis added)
1: an act of reuniting, especially through repentance-in-unity : the state of being reunited
2: the reuniting of a people after forgiveness of divisions : oneness in Christ
Pastor, we sincerely want to serve you, before we arrive, while we're with you, and especially, after we're gone. Four simple outcomes we're hoping for in the precious-little-time we'll have together the day we visit your District:
1. Pastor-to-pastor, to come alongside you and your peers in a very informal, hang-out-together manner, prayerwalking your collective parish not just as fellow-pastors, but as friends--interceding for your community and its leadership according to 1 Timothy 2: 1-2.
2. Leader-to-leader, to pray for your Representative and their staff, without media present, personally and confidentially, befitting the pastoral care they both need and appreciate, in an utterly non-partisan, Red + Blue = Purple manner.
3. In the evening, as our schedule allows, to call together a multi-church meeting to share God's call to repentance-in-unity-as-friends with whomever you and your fellow pastors might gather to listen.
4. After we're gone, to be a catalyst toward deeper real-life friendships among the pastors in your community, even as you gather to pray over your Representative on Election Eve, 11/5/18, in agreement with fellow pastors that same day in 435 Districts nationwide.
I look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you.
Yours for His harvest,
Pastor & Founder, Pentecost Walk
Resources for Pastors & Hosts
We appreciate your help!
Due to our daily city-by-city itinerary, it is impossible for us to carry adequate inventory of these materials. We also rely on your media folks for audio-visual support. Like most behind-the-scenes tasks in public ministry, these are, often, "thankless" jobs, so we want to make sure we say, "thank you." THANK YOU!
For general/resource-table distribution
- 435-District Re:UnionWalk Intercessory Appeal to Heaven
(Sample-draft of Florida's 1st District; all districts available here)
- 435-District Re:UnionWalk Outline
- National Prayer of Repentance--English
(Prayer-petition headed to the White House)
- National Prayer of Repentance--Spanish